James Thomas Overview
Apex CoVantage is a technology-led supplier of prepress, data conversion, editorial, and content enhancement services to publishers, libraries, and owners of large content collections worldwide. Founded in 1988 by Shashikant and Margaret Gupta, Apex is rooted in the ability to remove friction from processes. Our technologies and systems leverage Human Process Engineering to provide effective, cost-efficient solutions to our customers who own or create huge amounts of content – from manuscripts to photos and videos and in-between. By balancing leading technology and broad industry expertise, Apex delivers exceptional content and media solutions to its customers. Apex has been managing large-scale content projects around the world for nearly 30 years.
Apex Covantage is looking for talented, experienced writers who love reading through piles of weekly Manga and bingeing Anime, identifying the most noteworthy happenings within them, and turning around insightful and interesting features to share with our community, all to tight deadlines and exacting standards.
Are you a passionate Otaku dedicated to consuming, discussing and sharing every morsel of anime and manga the world has to offer? Do you have a broad knowledge base that covers everything from mainstream anime hits to the most hidden manga gems? If so, and you have proven experience writing about your obsession, CBR wants you to join our team!
CBR welcomes everyone. We are striving for more representation on our site and we want to hear YOUR voice. We’re always looking for skilled and passionate writers to make an impact in the world of comics. We want the voices on our site to reflect the diversity of the community it serves.
Why write for us?
- One on one training and 4 weeks with a peer mentor
- Room for growth - CBR makes every effort to promote from within
- Possibility to pitch ideas
- Incentive structure
- Slack community for support
- Several helpful guides that you can refer to even after training
- It’s fun!
- Write 2 - 3 news articles daily, under a wide range of word counts
- Stay up to date on the latest news and trends in video games
- Coordinate with News Shift Editors and Senior CBR News Editor for assignments and feedback
- Cover Letter
- 2 - 3 sample titles you would present right now as suitable CBR news pieces
Applicants must be highly motivated and possess the following requirements:
- Relevant experience in writing and editing
- Broad working knowledge of old and current video games
- Available at peak hours and strategic posting times strongly preferred; weekend availability a plus
The hiring team at CBR will be back to you as soon as possible if we think you'd make a solid addition to the team. Only applications containing relevant writing samples will be considered.
*This is a work from home position